SHOT Show is just over three weeks away, and the anticipation is killing us! The 19th just can’t get here fast enough. In the meantime, we are spending every free second scouring the internet for any news or rumors about what we might find once those doors open. We are excited about pretty much everything, but we have narrowed it down to the top 5 things we just can’t wait for. Keep in mind, some of these are rumors. We won’t know anything for sure until we are actually inside the convention.
1. Last year at SHOT Show, Spyderco came in hot! Introducing tons of new designs and re-designs of beloved classics! We cannot wait to see what they have in store for us this year! Spyderco always seems to be innovating and improving! Last year they had a lot of sprint runs for their knives, so be sure to keep an eye on what they introduce, and get them when you have the chance. As of right now, on their SHOT Show vendor page, they don’t list any new items. Let’s just hope they are saving it all for the show.
2. We know that Havalon will be introducing the double-folding Jim Shockey Signature series-Havalon Titan. We don’t know too much about this knife just yet, but it looks pretty impressive. If there is one thing Havalon knows how to do, its Double-folding knives. Don’t know about all of you, but we are excited to get our hands on this knife and see whether or not it’s worthy of the “Signature series” title. This isn’t they only thing Havalon will be bringing this year. It looks like they have a full line up of fantastic knives. It’s one thing to show them, but let’s see how they hold up when we actually get our hands on them.
3. The only thing better than a new knife, is a new way to care for your knife. I’m always up for different ways to take better care of my knives, so hearing that frog lube will be introducing the FrogLube Extreme 1.5 oz squeeze tube has us excited. It may sound silly to be excited about something like this, but why not? This new lube has additives that will dramatically improve the cleaning property. They will also be introducing the Huffier Beast FrogLube Edition. This knife was designed with the service man and woman in mind. I for one am really excited to see what this knife has in store for us! FrogLube seems to be bringing some pretty impressive stuff. What else do you think they will bring introducing at the show?
4. If you look at the speaker line-up, you will notice something kind of impressive. There are quite a few women showing up this year. We love to see people of all shapes, genders, and races getting involved in the world of outdoor survival, and it looks like this year they are out in full force. People from all walks of life will be coming together this year to share their outdoor survival knowledge. It has us really excited to see so many different people sharing their love of the outdoors.
5. It looks like White River will be bringing along the Sendero Classic Jerry Smith Design. This knife is practically a custom, just without the custom price tag. Designed by master blade smith Jerry Fisk. Known for his highly sought after customs, Fisk is not messing around with his design of the Sendero! 100% US made, this knife is guaranteed quality. It will be very interesting to see how it will be received at the show.
These are just a few of the things we are seriously stoked for. But who knows, that may change when we actually get to the show. But we want to know what you are all excited for. What are you hoping for from this year’s SHOT Show? Let us know in the comments below! Or, head over to our BladeForums post and discuss it there! Let us know just how excited you are, and feel free to share any rumors you may have heard.